The double bass workshop "ALFRED MEYER" was founded 1904 by Gustaf Alfred Meyer.His son Kurt Alfred Meyer have been trained by him and they work together until he pass away. In 1932 he passed the examination for the master craftsman certificare and continue the business of his father. From the beginning they produced double basses of high qualtity and build a good reputation within geh musicans community worldwide.
In 1987 the double bass master craftsman Günter Focke took over the workshop. His son Marco started his training with him in 1987 and passed the examination for the master craftsman certification at 1999. They managing the workshop sucessfully in the 4th generation. They are commitmed to produce the established and known for centuries instruments of the house "Alfred Meyer".